If you are encountering the “Download doesn’t exist” error when clicking on the Download button on your page, don’t worry; there’s a simple solution to this issue. This error typically occurs due to permalink settings, and it can be resolved by making a minor adjustment.
Problem: When attempting to download a file using Download Monitor, you may see the message “Download doesn’t exist,” even though you have correctly configured your downloads. This issue can be frustrating, but it is usually caused by unexpected permalink changes.
Solution: To resolve the “Download doesn’t exist” error in Download Monitor, follow these steps:
- Access Your WordPress Dashboard: Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Navigate to Settings:
- In the admin left-hand menu, find “Settings”.
- Update Permalink Settings:
- Under “Settings”, locate the “Permalinks” tab.
- Click on “Permalinks” to access the Permalink Settings page.
- Save Permalinks Without Changes:
- Without making any changes to your permalink settings, simply click the “Save Changes” button.
- Clear Your Site Cache (If Applicable):
- If you are using a caching plugin or server-level caching, it’s a good practice to clear the cache to ensure the changes take effect immediately.
- Test the Download Button:
- Go back to your website and try clicking on the Download button for your files once more.
By following the steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve the “Download doesn’t exist” error in Download Monitor. If you continue to experience issues or encounter other problems with Download Monitor, consider checking for plugin conflicts, ensuring that your downloads are properly configured, and keeping both WordPress and Download Monitor up to date. If problems persist, you may want to reach out to Download Monitor’s support or community forums for further assistance.